Thursday, April 5, 2012

Peg Board project---and a craigslist adventure

not sure if you all remember THIS post.  i had found a frame and bought some peg board with a fabulous craft room project in mind.  lets just say ive been chomping at the bit waiting for it to get put together.  but it finally happened!!  YAY  (thanks dad and the hubs)


i didn't paint it yet because i cant decide on a color.  but the ugly gold does grow on you.  LOL


i bought the peg board at Lowe's and an accessory kit for the hooks.  im sure ill change things around on it about a cazillion times.

 im loving the spool/thread holder.  now ill know when im running low on a color.  looks like im a little heavy on white. 


these sweet little buckets were from the dollar isle at Target.  3 for a buck!!  my fav saying these days....JOY....was a another dollar isle purchase at Michael's. 


my very first purchase ever from craigslist.  my armoire :)   yes, my name is bobbi and i hoard fabric.

ahem.....anyway like i said this was my first craigslist experience but not a great one.  i had my eye on another fabulous armoire but the sellers were obviously playing a bidding game or something.  so i found this as my second choice.   funny thing was they emailed me 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested.  UM NOPE.  i found a better looking one that fits my room!!!!  (jerks--grrrr)

its baseball season here in vegas.  so my nights will be filled watching this cutie patootie throw the ball around.  i love spring!


ive had family in town this past week.  let me tell you if you are ever in vegas and can handle some raw humor......CARROT TOP is a MUST see.  the tickets are reasonable and HOLY MOLY this guy is pee your pants FUNNY!


theres just something about that red curly hair.  i think the dude is HOT.  (shrug---just sayin)


linked to:
http://missmustardseed.com/2012/04/furniture-feature-friday-features-a-link-party/

8 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love your peg board project, Bobbi. And also the $1 aisle at Target, really, if anyone ever can't find me that is the first place they should look! I also love when other people admit to hoarding fabric. It gives me such a sense of community. :o)

Maria said...

LOVE LOVE the peg board and you are right the ugly gold does grow on you.
Have a great Easter...

Susan said...

I love your new armoire. Yes, Craig's list can get pretty weird. Have a great day!
Susan a fellow fabric hoarder
www.sewmanythingstosay.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

The peg board turned out great! Mine is still sitting in the basement all naked. I have to get around to it someday!!

Angela said...

You have inspired me to take another look at using a peg board!

From another Vegas girl! :) (Ok, Henderson technically.... and I am LOVING our weather right now. If it were like this 365 we would have a population explosion again!)

Angela said...

You have inspired me to take another look at using a peg board!

From another Vegas girl! :) (Ok, Henderson technically.... and I am LOVING our weather right now. If it were like this 365 we would have a population explosion again!)

cityquilter grace said...

love the gold frame, gives it a mona lisa-esque look i think; great organization project.

Katy @ Lolly Linens said...

Love this! I'm thinking the peg board would be good painted black!