Sunday, July 24, 2011

FNSI winner, Yarn Tie Tips and more Quilt pics

check out HEIDIS blog for this months FNSI winner.  as i stated before, im on vacation :)

I have some more photos to share with you of my quilt.  as i said in my previous post, i was able to finish my Happy Campers quilt before my trip.  in this post, i shared some yarn tie pics.  well, let me say i learned a valuable lesson about yarn tying.  (Did anyone notice the difference in the color of the yarn?)

I had originally done the entire quilt in a nice brown yarn.  it took me days....and i was leery on the color (brown) after just a few rows, but was too lazy to change.  the brown took away from my fabric....but that wasn't the issue.  i used a super soft yarn....and when i washed it a bunch came UN-TIED!  ARGHHH! 

of course this happened the night before i left for vacation.  so when i got to my sisters in Montana, she helped me cut out the brown ties and we used a simple off white color in polyester yarn.  a big THANKS to my sister for helping me because i was devastated! 

here is a shot of the back.  all i used was a denim and a strip of the fabric on the lower half.  it was NICE and WARM!!! 

here is my Chubby Charm Bag my sister made for me again.  i just love this picture.  the countryside is beautiful where she lives.

Again this is her bag and quilt front.  same fabric---Happy Campers by Moda which is a few years old.


the back of her quilt.  WOW!  LOVE LOVE what she did with the panel and even appliqued a daisy on the strip.  A-Dorable!


my hubby, my son and I with our walking sticks at Glacier.  they have a bell on them to keep the bears away :)   .... which got a little annoying.  LOL 

What a way to spend my anniversary huh?  in gods country!


 Glacier is truly one of the most beautiful places i have ever been too.  The natural rivers, the going to the sun road, the walking trails, the nature and even the snow in mid July. 

3 comments:

PinkGranny said...

Lovely...all of it. Isn't it nice how our sister's come through for us when things go awry....enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Deon said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I really love the Happy Campers quilt. It's lovely!!

Jamie said...

Your vacation looks and sounds awesome! Enjoy!